Couple of minor improvements to this blog...
- I finally got round to registering a proper domain - I'd not bothered before now, as when you've got a name like mine pretty much all the good variants have gone. However john-smith.me was available at an acceptable price, so I got out the credit card and gave myself an early Christmas present. The appspot.com address should still work fine, if you're a fan of unnecessary typing.
- Now that the site URL is a more reasonable length, it seemed worth doing a very crude link shortener as well. Any new or edited articles will get given an alphanumeric code of 1-3 characters, which will redirect to the relevant article's full URL. So the short URL for this post should be http://john-smith.me/1.
Nothing terribly exciting in the overall scheme of things, but it all helps edge the blog code ever closer to something that's functionally comparable with more established offerings.